- Bringing Art to Life: Shycheeks Gifs
- The death of the skinny jeans: wide leg trend comes back
- Assassin’s Creed film: an Epic Visual Treat
- Quick feed: Japanese company creates clone dolls that reside in the “uncanny valley”
- The beauty of street photography: Manu Fernández
- I wish airports were that much fun! ‘Vamos Cuba’ at Sadler’s Wells
- Upcycled Baby Bandanas: my latest project
- Designing “Tideway”: a photography book on River Thames
- A celebration of River Thames: “Tideway” by Matthew Joseph
- Wearable Art for the modern women: mefaldas tú
My name is Laura Salesa. That is a certain truth. If you ask me what I am, that is a question with multiple answers. I have worked as a Graphic Designer and as a press journalist for over a decade. But I have also directed short films and music videos, I have written dozens of poems and recently published my very first fiction novel; I have recorded vocals for a couple of songs, I do pencil and digital illustrations and I can do some knitting…
I am a CREATIVE SPIRIT.
After I got my degree on Advertising and Public Relations in 2002, I started my professional career as a TV Reporter, then jumped into press journalism for a media Group on International Commerce and Cargo Transport, and then into Marketing and Publicity for a Blues and Rock Music label. I enjoy Journalism as much as Graphic Design for the same reason: being able to communicate and deliver a message that can get some sort of reaction and feedback from the audience.
You can see my portfolio of work here: www.laurasalesa.com/
I am always involved in several creative individual or collaborative projects. To find out more on what I am up to at the moment please see the Creative Box section
I have also recently published my very first fiction novel in Spanish ‘Nueva Era’, a futuristic thriller inspired on the Mayan prophecy about 21 December 2012. Available in English and Spanish at Amazon.
I appreciate your feedback, whatever it is. Please comment, I would like to hear from you. You can also send me your work if you would like me to make a mention in the blog. Anything that inspires you can inspire me. Anything that inspires me can inspire you back.
Welcome and thanks for reading.
- Celebrating Creative Women by Purple Consultancy: http://www.purple-consultancy.com/blog/celebrating-creative-women-laura-salesa-graphic-designer-journalist/
- Internet Celebrity (page 15-18): http://issuu.com/internet-celebrity-magazine/docs/2015_american_hispanic_celebration/1
- CT Magazine http://issuu.com/ctmagazine/
- Celebrating Creative Women Campaign: http://www.purple-consultancy.com/blog/2014/12/23/celebrating-creative-women-laura-salesa-graphic-designer-journalist/
- My Organic Life http://www.myorganiclife.info/
- Hero’s Journey in London (page 68 onwards): http://www.slideshare.net/dereisvandeheldin/the-heros-journey-september-2014
- EL IBERICO: http://www.eliberico.com/la-santanderina-laura-salesa-presenta-su-primera-novela-traducida-al-ingles.html
- The Northern: http://elnorthern.com/2014/02/16/laura-salesa-en-espana-el-precio-medio-por-un-libro-recien-sacado-al-mercado-es-de-20e-en-inglaterra-7-99/
- La Tundra: http://www.latundra.com/laura_salesa_the_creative_post/
- Time to Move: http://www.timetomoveon.es/portfolio/laura-salesa-nueva-era/
See my profesional profile at LinkedIn on: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/laurasalesa